I think that I can speak for most people when I say that I am waiting for that magical day when pizza is finally considered healthy.
All right, so maybe that will never actually happen, but a girl can dream.
Pizza is, by its very nature, a totally indulgent treat, between the yummy crust, the cheese, and all of the delicious toppings.
Itis also a pretty transformable food that can be made into bagels, waffles, and even cake, as long as its coreingredients are in there!
But is it possible to make a pizza healthy while still using all of the yummy additives that make it so addicting? Thankfully, it is!
Using a little bit a cooked quinoa along with the delicious cheesy ingredients that normally compromise a pizza, you can make these amazing bite-size snacks that taste just like the real thing.
Check below to learn how to make these guilt-free little bites you will never have to worry about giving in to your pizza cravings again!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup pepperoni
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bottle marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small sauce pan, bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Add cup of while quinoa and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the water is absorbed, transfer to a bowl and let cool for five minutes.
- Add in the mozzarella and pepperoni, mix to combine.
- Add in the eggs and the salt, mix well to combine evenly.
- Add the mixture into a greased muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool, serve with marinara sauce for dipping, and enjoy!